Monday, July 28, 2008

Sweetness

Listening to a little Jimmy Eat World and feeling nostalgic. Ok it's been a while since our last recap.

Since then our beloved friend Minx has departed us, (Linsey and Thomas have returned home from the Netherlands and picked him up) which has been sad around the Hyde/Parry household, but I must say that my room smells much better, and putting away the carpet cleaner and paper-towels to clean up after him is a blessing. But he is missed, and coming home to an empty house without him is a little sad.


This past week was pretty tiring, but a lot of fun. I got to head up to the OC for our Grand Re-Opening parties at our hotels in Brea and in Cypress. Which thankfully they had some photographers at the hotels now, so that I can hopefully get their web pages updated. Hyperlinked them if you want to see, note these two just underwent renovation, so I haven't really put the time in their web pages to get them really sparkling like San Diego and Lincoln's pages.


Anyhow, the trip was a lot of fun. Gary is up at Cypress and its always good to see that kid again. And Annette my old General Manager and person who taught me practically everything about hotels, is up at Brea, and it also was her birthday on the 24th. Also known as Pioneer day in Utah. Ah how I miss my state-holiday, always fun to tell people the story of how seriously July 24th is a bigger deal than the 4th of July in Utah, it's great.


Really just had one of those weekends where I just felt like being a little lazy, had a few offers of fun things to go do. The US Open of Surfing was up at Huntington Beach, and some friends were heading up, another was headed to an Improv Comedy show downtown, some were going out in PB, but I really just laid low.
So, friday after spending most the evening in, around 11:00 headed downtown for a little bit and hung out at a place called Shakespear Pub or something, it was pretty neat, just a nice little quiet place, hung out with some friends then called it a night.
Saturday, went out to Encinitas beach, just right up the hill from me. Just laid out, read some of my book, played some football and took in some great San Diego weather.

Sunday, unfortunately my two teams had to play each other in our league, and our game is at noon, I've been claimed by my A-Division team, which hurts the B team a little more because I'm their Short-Stop. But A team came out and thumped my under-manned B-Division team which was kinda dis-heartening, I hope they come back hard next week. Highlights of the day included 4-4 from the plate, one shot down the 3rd baseline, and 3 just little basehits up the middle. And in the last inning out in Left Field there was a low lining drive out to me which I just barely got under, but I popped it up out of my mitt when I hit the ground, but the ball balanced on top of my closed mitt and I grabbed it with my bare-hand before it hit the ground.


Got dressed really quick after softball in the car and headed over to church to hear my good friend Ross speak and say hello to some friends. All in all, quite a spiritual day for me, Softball and Church it was great :) Hopefully the work review is coming this week so we'll see, but I'm getting to bed to get ready for another day in paradise!









No comments: