Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Kitty-Sitting The Saga

So it's now 12:12 in the morning, I've been in bed for a while now.

Laying there nice and peaceful after a good evening of kicking some butt in basketball in our first Vavi league game with my friend Ryan.

Anyhow I can go on about that later.

First off, a quick background, I am kitty-sitting for my friends Linsey and Thomas. (Good friends of Jen's out here in San Diego and they've sicne become good friends of mine.) Anyhow, they are out with Jen and Dave galavanting around in the Netherlands for a few weeks. So they asked me to kitty-sit their cat Minx. Now Minx is a great cat, don't get me wrong, a little quirky: He picks up his food from his bowl, carries it a couple feet, drops it on the floor, then eats it. If I leave the toilet up for a split second he has a sixth-sense which alerts him, and he craves that toilet water. But doesn't just lick it, he reaches his paw in, and like spoon feeds it to himself.

Anyhow, I have a beef with our friend Minx here, first day in, Minx throws up in my room 3 times. I'm thinking ok ok he was nervous, new house, and they carried him over in the carrying case, may have got him a little woozy ok whatever, it's not pleasent, but I'll clean it up and deal with it. Maybe 3 days later more random throw-ups, so at this point I'm not too happy, still deal with it. (After the first incident I determined we definitely needed some carpet spray stuff, and Sandy (New roomie) called me from the grocery store and she brought home some great carpet smell remover and cleaner stuff; Really loving my new roomie we're having a great time!) So get home this evening from work, there's another couple spots, clean them up whatever, I'm not happy about this now, but still whatever, I'll spare you the details, but I'm sure most everyone can relate its just not a pleasent thing to have to clean up! Then, go to basketball, come back a couple hours later, MORE throw-up! Guh, really not happy, whatever clean it up throw it out, make mental note to tell Linsey & Thomas when they get back.

So back to the original cause here, I'm laying in bed dozing off, and hear this dang cat hacking again, so I bounce up out of bed grab him, and aim him at his kitty litter box. Set him in there he's still hacking some, but nothing and nothing, he tries to get up and leave it a couple times, I put him back hoping he will just go in there... Finally he stops coughing, so I lay back in bed no more than 15 seconds later I look over at him and he's throwing up on my carpet again over by my shoes.. :( He's such a dang cute cat though, he's pretty lucky, a little cuddler too but man we're not such good friends right now...

Why do you hate me Minx....?

No comments: