Saturday, November 22, 2008

TurkeyDay Vacation Day 1

Ok, so on vacation finally, taking 11 days off, and visiting the East Coast and Jen, Dave and Chris!


So day one has been a pretty uneventul day really, just traveling most the day.


Got dropped off at the airport by my good friend Mark this morning and hopped my flight to Vegas. Anyone that claims we are in depression is lying, because there were mobs of people at the airport. Oh, and US Airways, I hate you, $15 for one checked bag, that's super lame.


SO hop the plane fly to Vegas, for my 3 hour layover. Have a Burger King "Value" meal, which is really not much value at the airports, considering it was like $12 bucks! Ridiculous. So after changing to like 4 different gates, finally find out my flight to Boston is going to be late by an hour, which sucks, because I was already going to arrive at 12:10 in the morning so now this pushes the arrival to 1:10. So in boarding I notice this guy that a couple people are looking at, and sure enough it was Carlton Banks himself, brother to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. So we're boarding, and he ends up sitting right in front of me. Kept wanting to say something, but I didn't know his real life name and I thought I heard rumors he's like bitter about being Carlton because now he can't get a real acting job cuz all anyone knows of him is Carlton. Anyhow, we get in the plane, I of course sleep the whole way, which is awesome. Land, get picked up by Dave, Jen and Caitlyn and here I am in Caitlyns house at about 3:34 am here, only midnightish my time though and we're getting ready for bed.


Sounds like parties tomorrow, will keep you updated!



Interesting Facts about Carlton Banks real life name "Alfonso Ribeiro".
Born and raised in New York City, currently lives in Los Angeles
There was a rumor that he died in the 80s while doing a head spin, but he was confused with a breakdancing boy in a Pepsi commercial who did die.
Has a daughter, with Robin Stapler, named Sienna (born 2003).
In 2003 starred in a McDonald's commercial for McGriddle breakfast sandwiches.
Won The Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach celebrity race in 1994 and 1995.
Was cast as one of the background dancers in Michael Jackson's Pepsi commercials in the early 80s
Professional tap dancer and gymnast.
ANd he is currently hosting the show "Catch 21" on the Game Show Network.
Oh how the mighty have fallen Carlton... Coach on a flight, really??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So when are you going to be down in my area? You're so close!