Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving, such a great day to reflect on the things which we are Thankful for, this shuold be like a monthly holiday and not just an annual one, I feel like we could use a lot more Giving of Thanks. Sometimes in this crazy world its easy to get swept away and caught up in the drama which is lifet. But really, we should take more time to be appreciative for what we do have and not worrying about the negative.
Top of my list is absolutely Family, I owe everything to them, love you guys. Someday I'll get you the Thanksgiving Card that I have with me, and I should get that in the mail probably. :)
Now I'd like to take a minute to thank some of the positive friend/influences I've had in my life. I sat down and was thinking about who honestly I would make my Best Man in my wedding.
It was really a daunting thought, I could easily come up with a dozen at any given time. The more I am traveling now, the more I really am thankful for the situations I've been given. The mere fact that the people I've met, the people I've become affiliated with and become friends with I have truly been blessed to be around some of the best people in the world.
I'll leave this post at that, the mere fact that I'm so thankful for the people in my life, I'm a social person at the core and I absolutely am so thankful for every one I have come across. I will follow up with a few more thoughts on friends.

1 comment:

Amber said...

It would be nice if everyone had a day off every month just so we could give thanks and eat lots of food! But I guess we really don't need a day off to show gratitude, but the holidays are always a nice reminder of everything and everyone we have to be grateful for! We didn't know you were on the east coast? You aren't passing through VA are you? Will you be in Utah for Christmas? I am sure Matt would love to get a basketball game going!