Friday, August 1, 2008

Another Day in the Office.

This is about all I have been doing lately it seems. Ok that's a lie really, I play softball and basketball about every day. Seriously I think I am technically on 5 softball teams and 2 basketball teams. 2 Softball Teams on Sunday, 1 on Monday, Basketball league on Tuesday, One softball and one basketball league on Wednesday, Thursday I have off, Friday I've been invited to, but haven't officially attended another softball league in Chula Vista and on Saturday I have softball on Coronado Island. Awesome, no wonder I don't have a girlfriend...

Anyhow, the work picture represents me still working diligently waiting for my year review, now over 2 weeks late. Very little motivation at work these days, but the ever daunting budget season is just around the corner, as experienced from last year it's just not fun times.

Got the news that one of my best friends back home is getting married, (RIP DRob) couldn't be happier for the kid, in a selfish way of course I'm sad as another "single" friend bites the bullet, but if it makes him happy I'm happy for him, I'm sure they'll be great. When this happens to good friends it always sends me into self-reflection time for a while, which still unfortunately leads me back to massive feelings of regret and upsettedness for a future I had once envisioned, then proceeded to destroy at the same time. (Pity-party ending now) Anyhow, something interesting I've noticed about myself is that I'm not good at first encounters or opening of communications/dates etc. To most who know me this may seem completely opposite, don't get me wrong, when I'm in a group of friends, I'll entertain some, and I wouldn't say I'm the quiet one of the group. But out here, maybe its just being out of my comfort zone without the backing of my good friends, I find myself being shy and almost awkward at meeting new people. Why is this?? Once I'm comfortable in a group or surrounded by friends in a confident setting, I'm outgoing and a down-right charming person to be around if I say so myself. Throw me into some of these new Cali situations though and I feel like a child just floundering in the deep end of the pool.


Ah somedays I just miss my Utah. Love you guys back home, Miss you!





No comments: