Tuesday, November 3, 2009

More Kansas City

Ok so just posting a few more pictures from Kansas City now that I am finally home from my 2 week escapade to Kansas City, Baton Rouge, New Orleans then Minneapolis!

Ok so above here we have us tailgating at the Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers game, a little group shot before we headed in to the game. Left to Right (Carol, Rick, Ashley)
I kept trying to tell the cheerleader, please sweetheart can you focus on the camera for just a few seconds so that we could get a good picture. But she just kept staring, I couldn't help it. With a little more research I now know this is Eliza who happens to "love to dress up sometimes in my jeans and heels, but I have always been a t-shirt and sweatpants kind of girl. I am most comfortable that way!" Sounds like my kinda girl.

With the Budweiser Horses outside of the stadium.

We also went to WaterFire. "Designed by award-winning artist Barnaby Evans, WaterFire Kansas City is a unique, multi-sensory experience of music, fire and water. Now in its third year, the moving art installation features more than 55 floating bonfires on Brush Creek. The event begins with a series of boats that travel along Brush Creek through the darkness. They make their way with torches a flame in an enchanting display to ignite the braziers and bring all 55 pieces to life. Throughout the evening, boats return to the braziers, constantly feeding them with new wood and keeping the sculpture in its original form for the duration of the evening. "


Ok so I know you can't really see our faces in this because the flash was a little high in the picture, but it was still a cute shot. We also went to this great City Market in Kansas City, which was absolutely amazing, I had a "Shawerma" which is like a variation on a Gyro and it was absolutely fantastic. If you are in the area be sure and check out the Habashi House which was deeelicious!

No comments: