Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cubs Padres Game

Ok so last Tuesday we got to catch the Cubs and Padres game, not only was it against my Cubbies which makes the Padres almost bearable(haha pun..) but we had PHENOMENAL seats. For getting MVP of my softball league last year, we got Box/Field level seats to any game I picked. So of course I picked this game against the Cubs. Little did I know, these seats were going to be First Row! We were right up front, literally steps from the Cubs Bullpen.

Here is the view from our seats, literally right next to the Bullpen, watching Aaron Heilman and Sean Marshall warm up in the pen as Dempster was busy blowing the game out on the field.

Here is how close I was to the bane of my existence and of my fantasy team this year, Milton Bradley. Literally he is everything that I hate about baseball, immense talent, but just a big fat contract, doesn't hustle, doesn't back up a play and just doesn't even seem to care about the game. Case and point, and I really wish I could find the Kyle Blanks inside the park homerun YouTube video, but anyhow he could have easily been stuck at least at third if Milton would have backed up the play. It was horrible. Except I saw my first Inside The Park Home Run.

Me and Ash, posing in front of our seats.
Great times at the ball park except that the Cubbies lost to the lowly Padres!

2 comments:

ShaRee said...

It's one my "things to do before I die" list to go to a major league baseball game :) Glad to see you're doing well. And you better believe my kids will have good form; we will start dribbling the basketball soon haha

Riley said...

Milton Bradley... one of the previous Indians that I don't mind that we sold