Thursday, May 7, 2009

iPhone Frustration Day 3

Chat InformationThank you for your patience! An AT&T sales representative will be with you shortly.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with John , an AT&T sales representative.

John : Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?

Will: Hello John, I am attempting to place my order and the Credit Card keeps getting bounced back as not accepted. I called my Credit Card company and they say that ATT is requesting authorization for ZERO dollars so that is why it is being rejected.

Will: I am attempting to order a new iPhone and plan, and it says Total Due Today would be $175.16

John : Hi William, your order $175.16. Was your credit card's billing address the same as the one you entered?

Will: Yes, and I double checked that as well to make sure that they are the same now

Will: Discover says they are receivinng the request and that everything on that end looks fine, but the authorization request is for $0 so it is bouncing

John : Have you ordered any iPhones before online from AT&T?

Will: no

Will: I have attempted to twice in the past couple days but have had no success

Will: Because I was first informed that I need to have the billing and shipping address be the same, so I needed to change my billing address to be where I am currently living

Will: So I went through that and got that all settled, and now it's being rejected for this

John : I would recommend visiting a store for the purchase or calling 866-246-4852 for sales. Sorry we can not place the orders. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Will: Oook the whole reason I want to order online is to get the refurbished phone discount, but this process has turned out very frustrating

John : Sorry, we have no control over the orders. I would recommend calling 866-246-4852 for phones sales to see what they can do.

Will: They informed me they have no control over internet orders and to use this Chat help for internet orders

John : Sorry, we can not place orders, just chat. There is not a way for me to make the order go through. You will have to order another way.

No comments: